ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised Charter, including updated Definitions

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised Charter, including updated Definitions
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:27:52 -0500

I had thought proposed text was supposed to be group supported so had been
waiting for IPC comments.  As that was apparently my misunderstanding, here's
the Objective 5 I propose:

Using all information that has been collected by ICANN to date, determine the
possible effects of potential  changes to the current restrictions and/or
practices concerning registry-registrar separation and equivalent,
non-discriminatory access contained in the options set out in DAGv3 and changes
considered by ICANN staff on (a) the retail and wholesale markets for domain
names and (b) on consumers of domain names.