ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Objective 5

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Objective 5
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:31:57 +0100

Yes, we seem to have a deadlock situation right now with the NCSG and the RrSG
supporting the Milton/Avri Obj 5 and the BC and the IPC supporting the Kristina
Obj 5.

This could be resolved by the RySG coming out in support of one version or the
other, but it's now past deadline and there hasn't been a reaction from the
registries.

Brian, could you let us know which version the registries support please?

I would then suggest we move ahead as we had planned to: the majority takes it.
I would also suggest, as this is pretty evenly split up, that a not be included
in the charter explaining which version of obj 5 was supported by whom. This
could then be sent back to Council as-is, and for them to make a final
determination.

Margie, were you able to act on Avri's earlier proposal to bring the proposed
agenda inline with recent developments? Do you have a definitive version of the
charter that I can take back to the Council?

Thanks,

Stéphane