ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

  • To: "'Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx'" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10]
  • From: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:29:16 -0700

Brian,

Thanks for the submission of your proposal and for keeping it short and simple.
I am still reading through it and the implications.

I do have one question on the proposal that hopefully you can answer.

You state that the 15% ownership cap avoids creating ownership positions to
discriminate against unaffiliated registrars. If a Registry did not act as a
Registrar in the TLD that it owned or provided back end services for, so there
was actually no affiliated registrar, wouldn't that accomplish the same goal ?
Would we still need a 15% cap ?

Thanks

Jeff Eckhaus