ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: "livability"

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: "livability"
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:21:26 -0400

Ron:
I Don't agree with your dismissal of the poll. Even though CAM did not do well
in the poll it was a huge leap forward in terms of knowing who stands where,
and why, and what kinds of issues need to be negotiated to overcome
differences. Thanks to Mikey for putting it together. In particular, the "live
with" option shows the areas and people where compromise is possible.

Further, the fact that 1/3 of the WG members haven't chosen to vote is not a
serious problem at all. email lists are known to harbor many lurkers who either
i) have lost interest and are not paying attention; ii) don't have strong views
or iii) have not made up their mind.

Further, all the votes that I saw up there were active participants in the WG.
Please do not suggest that

It's a data point, let's use it. Dont' try to denigrate it because you don't
like the results. Facts are facts. I say this as someone whose pet proposal did
not do all that well, remember.

--MM