ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] First Draft Preliminary Report

  • To: "Margie Milam" <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] First Draft Preliminary Report
  • From: "Kathy Kleiman" <kKleiman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:35:53 -0400

Margie and All,

Tx for a first draft of the Preliminary Report. Appreciate it in such a
busy time!

Following up on my comments on the slides, I think the Proposal-Matrix
should be included in WG Report in a prominent way - reflected in both
the Executive Summary and having its own section of the Report. The
Proposal-Matrix is a snapshot of work to date - of the many proposals
submitted, of the effort spent on each one, and of the compromises which
followed.

As Mikey's new doodle shows, it contains key elements of agreement/key
atoms of discussion and review. It is a compilation and a "reader's
guide" to our work.

Thus, I would recommend that the Proposal-Matrix be part of both the
Executive Summary and have its own section of the Report:

-          Executive Summary could explain the proposal submission
process, the enthusiastic responses, the Proposal-Matrix as a
compilation, and provide a direct reference to the Proposal-Matrix in
the Appendix and online.

-          Report Section: I think we also should create a separate
section of the report presenting the Proposal-Matrix, and explaining
each of its elements (the ones along the horizontal edge). Those reading
may not be as familiar with the acronyms, or underlying concepts as we
are.  One or two sentences per Matrix column should be sufficient to
explain the concepts.

-          Note: I like the way Mikey has prepared the matrix with
new/current proposals on top, and older proposals below (our evolution!)

That's the thought.

Best,

Kathy Kleiman

Director of Policy

.ORG The Public Interest Registry

Direct: +1 703 889-5756  Mobile: +1 703 371-6846

Visit us online!

Check out events & blogs at .ORG Buzz! <http://www.pir.org/orgbuzz>

Find us on Facebook | dotorg
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/dotorg/203294399456?v=wall>

See the .ORG Buzz! Photo Gallery on Flickr <http://flickr.com/orgbuzz>

See our video library on YouTube <http://youtube.com/orgbuzz>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:

Proprietary and confidential to .ORG, The Public Interest Registry.  If
received in error, please inform sender and then delete.