ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Proposed Addendum to Proposals

  • To: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Proposed Addendum to Proposals
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:33:15 -0400

> Having a spirited discussion on whether or not harms will occur while
> intellectually stimulating will not get us to a conclusion and the
> protections that some require to move ahead with cross-ownership.

I do not think it is a stretch to posit as a harm a policy that could easily
shut out a new registry from its market for the first 18 months of its
existence.   Again I urge members of the group not to adopt a policy that will
lead to failures in the industry, and certainly not without a very convincing
showing of a countervailing harm that makes it necessary.

Antony