ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument

  • To: "'alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx'" <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>, "'icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx'" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 20:25:42 -0400

I would think the issue of vertical integration in general is outside the
picket fence, but certain harms may be inside depending on what they are. In
other words, there may be certain activities that are engaged in by a
vertically integrated registry/registrar/reseller that could be addressed, but
I believe that a pdp on whether to force an existing registry to divest a
registrar business or vice versa would be completely outside the picket fence.
Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Vice President, Law & Policy
NeuStar, Inc.
Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx