ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items -- note, the calls next week are 30 minutes LONGER -- and suggestions for drafting teams

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items -- note, the calls next week are 30 minutes LONGER -- and suggestions for drafting teams
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:43:45 -0700

Mikey, as I noted before, not all of us had the opportunity to
participate in the Molecule/Atom exercise. I don't subscribe to either
of the ones I've seen. While I'm sure you would like RACK fit into that
paradigm, it just doesn't shoe horn into it very well. I still support
RACK as the best way forward, at least for the first round. If we can
come to consensus on narrow, needs based types of exceptions I would
likely support an exception process as well.

So for the report, unless the other RACK supporters all feel
differently, I would want RACK to be considered on par with any of the
Molecule/Atom thingies in some manner. In fact, it seems to me that the
exercises in Brussels, while a good effort, just didn't advance anything
to consensus. So I don't really see the point in switching from the
proposal based comparison to the Molecule/Atom concept. In fact, I am
concerned that it will actually just confuse things further.

Thanks,

Tim