ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board Resolution 2010.11.05.20

  • To: "icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board Resolution 2010.11.05.20
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:41:32 -0500

Agree. We should disband. And agree with Palage that it certainly has been one
of the more interesting WGs. Like Michael, while pleased with the result I have
nagging concerns about the long-term procedural implications of the board
making policy without a recommendation from a WG, even when it has made the
right decision and even when it is obvious that vested economic interests can
block consensus in a WG. This is not criticism of the board just pondering
ICANN's policy making methods...

Happy to see one less list to monitor. And happy to see that Erik BW is being a
good sport!

Ciao