ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] Some more Brussels Meetings Logistics

  • To: <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] Some more Brussels Meetings Logistics
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:35:54 +1000

Hello Mawaki,

> You advise that the travel arrangements shall be made under
> ICANN's guidelines with ICANN-approved travel agencies. Those
> for Asia and the US are still to be announced.
> On the other hand, the earlier message was saying that we
> need to provide Glen with the name of the person whose travel
> expenses will be funded by ICANN. Is the GNSO secretariat
> going to make the bookings, or shall we wait to have the
> relevant agent contacts to check with them before we fill out
> the administrative forms? Are the expenses being charged
> directly to ICANN or will it be a reimbursement (risky)?
> thanks to clarify.

The intent is to have the flight booking made by a travel agency, and
ICANN to pay the travel agency directly.   Glen would need to authorise
the expenditure at the travel agency on behalf of ICANN - hence the need
to let Glen know which representative from each constituency will be
funded.   To reduce administration costs, the aim was to select a
limited number of travel agencies to handle the booking.   Glen can also
advise which travel agency to use (it could be that the European agency
can handle USA bookings for example).

With respect to accommodation ICANN will make the booking at the hotel,
and pay the room costs at the hotel directly.  I believe that you will
be responsible for incidental expenses such as phone calls, room
service, laundry etc.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin