ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-guide]

Variable Domain Pricing??? ICANN Full of Criminals???

  • To: gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Variable Domain Pricing??? ICANN Full of Criminals???
  • From: Kelly Pitts <hepamatic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:27:31 -0800 (PST)

Hello ICANN,

Okay......here we go again with ICANN chicanery. So
who is paying you under the table?  It only costs $2 measly dollars to
administer a domain and you want to allow registrars to charge whatever they
wish?  Huh?  Sounds like a BIG battle comin' boys!

Here again in 2008 with your applied rhetoric and
sneaky methods you are trying to shove through new rules that will destroy the
Internet. Yes....DESTROY!  AND, you only give a measly 45 comment period?  That
is so there is no opposition.  Remember, you have tried this before and the
public rose up and quashed it.  Now you want to do it again?  Why?  I say it's
for greed.

If you allow variable pricing to occur the same
thing will happen to the new extensions that happened to .BIZ.....they will
fall
on their faces and be worthless domain extentions.   How long also before you
apply this to .COM?????????

Also, why would I start a company with an $8 domain
and then allow a registrar to tell me that it is now $5,000 since I have been
successful.  I won't be taking that chance.....thanks, but no
thanks.

I can only assume you are getting paid under the
table as well to allow this.  It reeks of real world real estate where builders
pay off local gov't officials so that they can bypass codes or laws.   It is no
different here.  It seems a criminal element is at work here.  Why not?  The
registrars are now stealing domains from their customers, so maybe you have
decided to become criminals too like them.

I thought the Net was supposed to be a level
playing field.  Now you want to make it where only big business and the wealthy
can do business on the Net? What about the little guy?  Did you forget about
them?

Trademark holders too will be held at ransom if
they want thier trademark then the registrars can say, "Oh.....you would like
your TM domain?  Ok....that's $20,000 per extension....thanks so much.  It will
be double that next year sir".

Another thing, you want to do this as the world is
going into a recession/depression also.  If anything prices of all domains
should be coming down.....NOT GOING

I really just feel like suing the hell out of
you.....really.   These criminal games ICANN has
been playing MUST STOP!  Can you say antitrust?  Or, maybe class action on down
the line when every unsuspecting domain owner gets shafted.

I say, "FIRE EVEYONE AT ICANN AND START OVER".
This is so suspicous that it can't be anything other than criminal.

May you burn in hell for playing games with
people's lives.  That is how mad I am.
 Johnny