ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-guide]

Opposed to removal of priced controls in new gtld contracts

  • To: gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to removal of priced controls in new gtld contracts
  • From: Tom <kingsnames@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:40:59 -0800 (PST)

Here we go again.

It's 2006 all over again except instead of .biz and .info it's "new tlds".

Putting aside the fact that new tlds are completely unnecessary especially
considering that we are heading into a financial depression...

Why is ICANN considering new tld contracts that allow unrestricted pricing?

Does ICANN not remember that current domain registrants want no part of
something that could ultimately mean much higher prices for them and even
tiered pricing?

I am opposed to unrestricted pricing on new tlds which could lead to the same
thing in older tlds like .com, .net, .org and .biz by virtue of existing equal
treatment clauses.

I'm also looking forward to the Obama administration taking a good look at
ICANN's practices.