ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-guide]

A few concerns and questions

  • To: gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: A few concerns and questions
  • From: "Dale Craig" <dalecraig@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:07:38 -0800 (PST)

1. ICANN, please combine these seven categories to 1 thread. There is a lot of
duplication and I am sure everyone isn't even aware of the 7 different threads.
Also, ICANN should be commenting as well.

2. All the people that have made remarks concerning the opposition of the
introduction of new tld's based on the "dire straights of the economy". I don't
mean
to be antagonistic, but I have read this concern from maybe 6 or 7 different
people
and I cannot understand this issue at all. If as you all say that the economy
is in
the tank, then who cares? If someone wants to spend $185,000 and an additional
hundred thousand or more for setup and running a tld and then, can 't find
suitable
registrants because of the economy; what's the big deal?

3. Restricted vs Unrestricted Pricing - Anyone that purchases a new tld should
be
able to set the pricing at any level they choose because their success or
failure
will be determined by the pricing anyway. Once that initial pricing is set
though,
there definitely needs to be guidelines to prevent the registry from
monopolizing
their registrants by unrestricted price increases. ICANN should establish a
committee that oversees issues concerning price increases to prevent unfair
tactics.
This of course should apply to all tld's.

Dale Craig
954-599-3253