ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-guide]

Comments regarding the new gTLDs

  • To: "gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx" <gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments regarding the new gTLDs
  • From: "Blasey, Tom - DEFHQ" <tom.blasey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:24:32 -0500

To Whom It May Concern:

I am extremely concerned and dismayed by ICANN's intentions to greatly expand
the availability of internet domain names without sufficient protection for
brand owners.  Much more must be done to protect brand owners and avoid what
would otherwise likely be a very substantial additional cost to brand owners,
without real benefit to those brand owners.

My views are more clearly expressed in the attached.

I strongly urge ICANN to delay implementation of new gTLDs, to allow for more
discussion and consensus about protecting the rights of brand owners.

Sincerely,

Thomas M. Blasey
Assistant General Counsel and Chief Intellectual Property Counsel
ITT Corporation
1650 Tysons Boulevard
Suite 1700
McLean, Virginia 22102
Phone: (703) 790-6314
Fax: (703) 790-6364
www.itt.com
[cid:image001.jpg@01C95E9F.51E0FC80]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are
addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation.
The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.

JPEG image