ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

dot-xxx domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: dot-xxx domain
  • From: MIRIAM MILLER <mirimill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:31:16 -0400

To whom this may concern:

The dot-xxx domain would be a bad idea. It doesn't make sense to create a place
for something that is illegal. Especially something that has been studied and
proven to be detrimental to individuals, families, and society as a whole. If
we're struggling to enforce the law in the areas that pornography has already
pervaded, why do we think that in creating its own domain, it will stay in
those boundaries?

This would be a major step backwards and in the wrong direction. Please
reconsider your options.

Respectfully, Miriam Miller