ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

.xxx domain feedback

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .xxx domain feedback
  • From: "Rick Huizenga" <rickh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:12:50 -0400

Dear ICANN -

I read with dismay that your organization is again considering the
possibility of adopting a new top level domain for pornography.  Please
consider the downside to establishing this domain.

As our country fights with ever increasing pornography and it's
devastating effects on our children, much less on the adult population,
establishing this "safe haven" will give our country, and the world, the
impression that this type of activity is perfectly acceptable in the
U.S.  Nothing, could be further from the truth.

And you have the power to keep pornography "on-the-run" and at least
operating under cover and slightly out of view.

There are verifiable statistics validating the damage done and I would
be happy to provide them.  My company, an IT service company sees the
results of pornography all too often in the businesses that we support.
It is counterproductive to say the least and it ruins live to be more
accurate.

So for now, please consider the power you wield and the good you can do
for the U.S. by keeping our country as wholesome and healthy as we can
be.  Pornography has already done great harm to relationships,
individuals, businesses, our great country, and many things in between.
Please make the right decision by not establishing this domain.  It can
always be established later if research proves the value but it can
never be undone.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Rick Huizenga