ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Stop The .xxx Domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Stop The .xxx Domain
  • From: "Allen Fowler" <gerrycal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 15:54:23 -0600

Patrick Truman

There is presently a super abundance of pornography on the internet and
absolutely no need for anymore. It is destroying a whole generation of youth
and will negatively influence our society for forever. Do we want more of our
daughters involved in promiscuity  and/or prostitution? Huge numbers already
are. Do we want more of our sons to become uncontrolled sex offenders? Again
huge number already are. Furthermore there should be far greater legal
restrictions on the availability of pornography on the internet. Change the
laws and prosecute the offenders who create this with onerous fines + jail
time. An even better option would be to make such sites illegal for all users
because many internet users cannot control themselves.This is not an issue of
personal choice or freedom of speech. Pornography is the worst form there is of
sexual exploitation. Many of our streets even now are unsafe for our children
and they will only get worse if something is not done to stop the predators who
are incited by viewing internet pornography. It doesn't matter where in the
world we live because the internet is ubiquitous. Sites containing pornography
should be jammed for all users in a similar fashion as radio transmissions can
be jammed. Some hot shot programmer could come up with a jamming program that
would go far beyond just filtering it out.

Allen Fowler
131 Glenridge Place
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Canada, T8A 3A3