ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

ICM Application for the .XXX sTLD

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICM Application for the .XXX sTLD
  • From: "Schnarr, Phil" <Phil.Schnarr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 17:57:24 -0400

To whom it may concern,

As teacher of young adolescents in middle school I am particularly
concerned that we help them avoid the trap of misguided sexual
exploration and fantasy. Already the children I teach struggle mightily
with managing relationship boundaries in their lives. It's normal for
them to struggle but it's not normal to feed the struggle with mental
pollutants that degrade their fellow human beings. Porn does just that
and I entreat you to consider the well-being of our most vulnerable
populations by choosing Option #3 and refusing all applications for XXX
domain on the Internet.

I thank you for the opportunity to comment.

--Phil