ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

NO XXX domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: NO XXX domain
  • From: "J.Garcia" <kai.tech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 16:10:17 -1000

Dear Sir,

I do not feel that having a xxx domain is going to make the internet any
safer for children. in matter of fact it will make it easier, since children
will know that as long as they type in .xxx they will easily access porn. As
a father of three children it is MY JOB as a parent to shield them from
offensive material it is not anyone else's responsibility That means it is
not ICANN job nor is it the governments, As an IT Professional I know of the
filter that can be used and kids browsers, Instead of spending money to
lobby for such a tld maybe ICANN and educate internet users on the different
technologies out there that CAN keep children safe online.

Thank you