ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I vote for option #3 unles the DOJ first gets their act together and jails current violators of the law.

  • To: "icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx" <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I vote for option #3 unles the DOJ first gets their act together and jails current violators of the law.
  • From: Timothy Ganstrom <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 21:10:55 -0400

Dear ICANN,

I am a recovered ex-addict to Pornography who personally knows the harm to
relationships that nearly always occurs when a man (or woman) gets pulled down
by porn addictions.

I support Option #3 of the March 26, 2010 process options submitted by ICANN
for public comment.

ICANN should vote to adopt the dissenting opinion of the Panel's Declaration on
the basis that the Board thinks that the Panel's majority opinion was wrong and
that the Board's conduct was consistent with ICANN's Bylaws and Articles of
Incorporation.

Without serious 'teeth' in law enforcement for our current obscenity laws, the
creation of another 'porn-focused' domain would be a huge mistake.  There is
plenty of material being sold on the internet which is in direct violation of
current Federal law.  Prosecute first, then perhaps give 'non-violating' porn
distributors a 'special' place to 'live' on the internet.  But only consistence
non-violators of current law.

Thank you,

Tim G, USA
[now helping others achieve freedom from Porn addiction.]