ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Protect All of Us - Vote No on .XXX Domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Protect All of Us - Vote No on .XXX Domain
  • From: Judith Kassel <jkassel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 09:56:39 -0700 (PDT)

5/14/10  11:55 am CT St. Louis, MO, USA
Dear Sir,  The original message is below.  Thank-you for your response.
Sincerely,  Judith E. Kassel  jkassel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

5/6/2010 10:00 pm

Dear ICANN Board of Directors,
Thank-you for an opportunity to express my concerns about the establishment of
a .XXX Domain for ICM.  In my opinion, such a domain will negatively affect our
lives in several ways.

One way is that the establishment of  a .XXX Domain will lead to further
exploitation of children, who do not make such decisions for themselves, to
be part of sexually explicit materials in the name of entertainment. More and
more youth and young adults will be solicited for the increased production and
world-wide distribution of pornographic materials.  Far too many such
materials will become even more readily available than ever before.

Next, a .XXX Domain will only add to the ever-increasing barage of materials
and images in the public domain.  The public is already saturated with
images that further strain the usual boundaries of what the vast majority of us
and your Board Members try to judge as appropriate or inappropriate
entertainment or educational for yourselves, for us, and for all of our
children.

The Board of ICANN has a unique opportunity to make decisions which affect
your families and everybody else's family.  The general public depends upon
your making decisions which
support and enhance yours and our abilities to raise our children to
be responsible leaders.  We all need a safer Internet more than ever. Voting
"No" on a .XXX Domain will eliminate another barrier and stumbling block for
all so we can meet our goals.

Thank-you,
Judith E. Kassel    jkassel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
St. Louis, MO USA