ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[info-tld-agreement]

Opposed to variable pricing

  • To: info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to variable pricing
  • From: "Cheryl Gonzalez" <cheryl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:43:15 -0500

To the ICANN Board,

WHY have you attempted to HIDE this major alteration in the
method by which fees are determined and paid for
the renewal of domain names?

I do not view this proposal as being reasonable as it is an
attempt to take MY profits!  I do not agree that you are
entitled to them based on a NAME!

As a small business owner who has made a considerable investment
of time and money in developing the domain names I own, I am
firmly against the variable pricing of domain names.

Many small business entreprenuers make their living on the
internet with their domain names used for selling products,
information, services, etc. and provide a REAL service to the
public.  You are taking away the ability to budget in their
business, since no method of pricing is being disclosed!

The internet has allowed many to own businesses who did not
have the start up capital to own a brick and mortar business.
The registrars already have much more revenue than most of them
will ever see in their lifetimes, yet the power will be given to
Registrars to decide who will or will not stay in business?
What kind of monopoly is that and it would seem to be against
the laws of entrepreneurism!

I am firmly opposed to the variable pricing of domain names
by the .info registry.

Cheryl Gonzalez
407 Prinz Drive
San Antonio, TX  78213