ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[info-tld-agreement]

re: domains

  • To: info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: re: domains
  • From: Wendy <mis_chiff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 07:09:58 -0700

To Whom it may concern: I am new to buying domain names and some of the fees
are currently outragous (.tv) for example but renewal fees shouldn't be a free
for all...
How much will it cost to renew YOUR domain next year? Your successful...right?
So if they tell you that your renewal fee is 25,000.00 are you gonna give up
that much with out  a comment? come on...you got to be realistic...online
business is going to crash and burn with this madness... How much for google's
renewal? or msn? please find attached a complaint letter.on to the terms and
conditions of the proposed contracts for the .info/.biz/.org TLD.

In particular the elimination of price caps, the introduction of tiered pricing
and the  strengthening of presumptive renewal are terms that are not in the
best interest of registrants and will hinder the growth and development of
online businesses.

I strongly urge to you to reject these contracts and re-start the negotiation
process taking into account the upcoming recommendations of your own policy
committee (GNSO) and to advocate strongly for the interests of the broad
internet community to produce a balanced and fair contract.

Respectfully,

YOUR NAME
Wendy Mandar