ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[info-tld-agreement]

bad bad idea

  • To: info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: bad bad idea
  • From: "Anthony Nemmer" <anemmer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:42:00 -0700

Dear Sirs:

I think variable pricing for domain names is a bad idea.  What about people
who own personal domain names?  Will they have to pay thousands of dollars
to renew them?  I predict that if you allow variable pricing whree domain
names suddenly jump from $10 for example to $1000 then people will simply
not reregister their domain names or will create a separate top level domain
name registry or come up with a completely new naming system built on top of
tcp/ip altogether.

In short, do not allow variable pricing for domain names.

Sincerely,
Anthony R. Nemmer