ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ipv6-policy]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index

Proposed Global Policy for Allocation of IPv6 Address Space

  • To: <ipv6-policy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Proposed Global Policy for Allocation of IPv6 Address Space
  • From: "Debecker J.L." <debecker@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:39:34 +0200

All,

Finally posted - see http://forum.icann.org/lists/ipv6-policy/msg00002.html

Over and out.

Leo

Dear Madam / Sir,

On 2 August we sent you ETNO's reply to your consultation on IPv6 allocation
(prior to the 4 August deadline). However, as of today this reply is not
listed on your site at  <http://forum.icann.org/lists/ipv6-policy/>
http://forum.icann.org/lists/ipv6-policy/

Maybe your automated procedures did not accept the HTML text with Word
attachment. I have therefore resent our message and paper as a "Pure Text"
message. Hopefully you can still take this version into account, as it is a
re-submittal of an earlier timely contribution.

Thank you very much for this and best regards,

Leo Debecker

ETNO Brussels

ICANN

Dear Madam/ Sir,

Following your final call for comments on the Proposed Global Policy for
Allocation of IPv6 Address Space (dated 14 July,
http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-14jul06.htm) we are pleased
to present a copy of the ETNO Expert Contribution on the "Internet Assigned
Numbers Authority (IANA) policy for allocation of IPv6 blocks to Regional
Internet Registries" adopted in March this year. Although the paper was
originally developed for the IANA consultation process, positions expressed
in the document remain fully valid and are the firm opinion of ETNO
operators.

ETNO unites 40 major telecommunications operators from 34 European countries
(www.etno.eu <http://www.etno.eu/> ) and we are a member of GNSO BC and
ISPCP constituencies. The attached position paper has the format of an
Expert Contribution, which means it has been unanimously approved by all
ETNO member companies in the Naming, Addressing and Numbering Issues Working
Group and was endorsed by the ETNO Executive Board.

The Association very much appreciates the direct liaison ICANN offers to
industry on various matters and we remain fully available to contribute
further, as and when required, to this ongoing debate.

Yours sincerely,

Michael Bartholomew

ETNO Director

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index