ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irt-final-report]

I do NOT support the Uniform Rapid Suspension System

  • To: irt-final-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I do NOT support the Uniform Rapid Suspension System
  • From: Brian Bourque <brianbourque@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:56:14 -0400

Hi, this system would be a bad idea for many reasons, but mostly I'm worried
about its negative effects on competition. Legitimate companies and
individuals spend a lot of time developing sites that should be presumed
original and valuable unless proven otherwise, instead of being susceptible
to any troublemaker that comes along looking to inflict damage upon
competitors by having websites taken offline without conclusive
investigation beforehand.

Thanks