ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irt-final-report]

New gTLDs

  • To: <irt-final-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: New gTLDs
  • From: <Carissa.Apps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 16:55:41 +1000

To the IRT,

As a trade mark owner we believe it is important that rights protection
mechanisms of the type suggested are put in place so as to help combat
infringement, parasitic practices and also to protect consumers.  We
remain concerned that attempts at brand abuse are likely to increase
significantly upon the introduction of the new gTLDs and we urge ICANN
to introduce the suggested protection mechanisms.

Kind regards,

Carissa Apps

For CSL Limited

<http://www.csl.com.au/>

This email and any attachments are confidential and may be subject to legal or
other professional privilege. Any confidentiality or privilege is not waived or
lost because this email has been sent to you by mistake.  You should not read,
copy, adapt, use or disclose them or their contents without authorisation.  Any
personal information in this email must be handled in accordance with the
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact us at once by return email
and then delete both messages.

CSL Limited A.C.N. 051 588 348
45 Poplar Road Parkville Victoria 3052 Australia
Phone: +61 3 9389 1911  Fax: +61 3 9389 1434