ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irtp-b-initial-report]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Re: [ga] Your Input Requested before 25 July 2010: Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy Part B Initial Report

  • To: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, irtp-b-initial-report@xxxxxxxxx, steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Your Input Requested before 25 July 2010: Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy Part B Initial Report
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:28:02 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

All,

  One of the easily noticed problems with the report itself is that it is in
.PDF format only and seemingly ICANN has not updated Acrobat with the latest
security updates leaving those of us whom have not able to view the report
fully without exposing ourselves to a security problem and/or breach.  That's
simply not professionably acceptable.

  But now more to the point regarding Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy
considerations.
What I our members and all registrants opinion is that no registrar should be
able
to transfer or otherwise use for any purpose other than those determined by the
registrant
of any Domain Name without the registrant first approving such a transfer
and/or requested
such a transfer of the registrar and that if the latter that action via a
executable via
web link to be actually effected by the registrant only unless otherwise
requested
by same and that all records regarding that registrants registered domain names
should
be viewable and updatable for accuracy ect. by the registrant only via a
similar mechnisim.

  Grace period considerations - If a registrant is late or re-registering
his/her/it's
Domain Name at or near the time of renewal some notice to that registrant at
least 15
days prior and 10 days after the experation date should be allowed befor the
original
registrant's domain name can be sold or otherwise utilized. If such a policy
were or
is to be adopted, the Registrar must than comply and fails to do so
compensation to the
original registrant of record in the above mentioned time period must be
compensated
for the loss if sale or otherwise registrar effected transfer without
registrant
permission, for their expected or registrar recognized loss and ICANN must
seriously
consider dis-accrediting that registrar for improper operation accordingly.