ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irtp-b-initial-report]

On behalf of the SSAC Chairman and SSAC

  • To: irtp-b-initial-report@xxxxxxxxx, Steve Crocker <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: On behalf of the SSAC Chairman and SSAC
  • From: Dave Piscitello <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 20:22:08 -0400

To: The Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part B Policy  Development
Process (PDP) Working Group
From: Stephen Crocker, SSAC Chairman
Subject: IRTP Working Party Initial Report & Expedited transfer reverse
policy (ETRP)

As chair of the Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC), I
congratulate the IRTP Part B PDP WG on its progress towards defining a process and specifying standard requirements for the urgent return/resolution of a domain registration. We note - and appreciate - that the Expedited Transfer Reverse Policy is consistent with the principles outlined in section 4.2 of SSAC Report SAC007, Domain Name Hijacking Report (Section 4.2, Incident Response: Urgent Restoration of a Domain, asks registrars to consider a new communications channel and corresponding procedures to respond quickly to an operational loss of use of a domain name resulting from a transfer or DNS configuration error or hijacking.

We look forward to the working party's final report and subsequent policy action by the GNSO Council.

Steve Crocker,
Chair, SSAC
begin:vcard
fn:David Piscitello
n:Piscitello;David
adr;dom:;;3 Myrtle Bank Lane;Hilton Head;SC;29926
email;internet:dave@xxxxxxxxxxx
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://hhi.corecom.com/weblogindex.htm
version:2.1