ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

Re: [jig] JIG Final Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs

  • To: Edmon Chung <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [jig] JIG Final Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs
  • From: Jothan Frakes <jothan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 07:52:44 -0800

Actually Edmon, I'd missed that context.

It might be worthwhile to leave it as is for perspective if the closure of
the whitelist is noted.  Do we mention that the JIG / Universal Acceptance
efforts provided me valuable support to modify the policy in Firefox
browsers?

I poured hundreds of volunteer hours into getting this done on the Firefox
side, and it is actually a rather important community benefit the JIG / UA
efforts helped with - definitely worth noting that Firefox works with all
the new IDN TLDs as they arrive into the root as a result of all of our
hard work.

Jothan Frakes
+1.206-355-0230 tel
+1.206-201-6881 fax