ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

RE: [jig] Universal Acceptance panel, straw man note on next steps

  • To: "'Bart Boswinkel'" <bart.boswinkel@xxxxxxxxx>, "''jig''" <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [jig] Universal Acceptance panel, straw man note on next steps
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 14:16:21 +0800

Thanks Bart for putting the document together.

I think it is a pretty good summary of the work done and where we are at in
the various items.

On the GNSO side, we will have a session during the Saturday GNSO meetings
to discuss this.

In addition to the document Bart drafted, I will probably add in particular
some immediate work on monitoring the progress of the implementation of IDN
Variant TLDs and how it impacts the New IDN gTLDs.

Also in addition to the paper Bart drafted, I think further work on the
Universal Acceptance issue might best be driven by ALAC/At-Large with cross
SO/AC participation.  As Bart mentioned in the paper, I think we have
covered what narrow policy aspects the SOs could/should look into, for real
outreach it would be beyond policy remits of the SOs.  On that, I would
encourage all interested to join also the At-Large IDN WG session on
Wednesday: http://singapore49.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-atlarge-idn

Anyway, for those who are coming to Singapore, safe travels, and see you all
in Singapore.

Others, see you online at the Monday session.

Edmon