ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[museum-renewal]

Proposal for renewal of .MUSEUM

  • To: <museum-renewal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Proposal for renewal of .MUSEUM
  • From: "Rahul Goel" <rahul@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 18:02:21 +0530

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am an Advocate in India. I am qualified software engineer and have completed
my LLM in Information Technology, Media and E-Commerce law at the University of
Essex (UK). My practice focuses on technology &amp; telecom laws, e-commerce
laws, intellectual property laws, and WTO laws.

In this era of e-globalization, it is important for every professional
individual or organization, group, society or government to have an easy and
identifiable access to its members/consumers/clients/citizens (as the case may
be) etc. The domain names on Internet have acted as a medium to connect and
bridge this divide.

However, with most of the TLD?s being already taken over by corporates and
individuals, the need for sector/service specific, professional TLDs have long
been felt. The TLD?s like .AERO, .COOP and .MUSEUM have been able to give
distinct identities to their respective service areas and have provided an
alternate means to individuals/ companies for representation on the internet,
in their relevant fields.

The new TLDs are gaining popularity world over and have been able to give
identity to their service sectors in an outstanding manner. Therefore, I am of
the opinion that the proposals may be renewed. It may further be advised that
the price of domain registration for .MUSEUM should be kept at par with other
TLDs (.COM/ .NET/ .ORG).

Best regards,

Rahul Goel
Advocate