ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-agreement-renewal]

.NET Registry Agreement - Comment Period

  • To: net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .NET Registry Agreement - Comment Period
  • From: CCIN <michael@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 21:41:38 -0700

BC Members,

Since tomorrow May 10th is the last day to comment on the .NET
Registry Agreement. CCIN as a Business Constituency Member, for the record has
opposition to the URS being included to the current proposal. As an owner of
many generic developed brands we see the URS as not being even handed.  While
we understand the potential abuses of registration regarding the new gTLDs but
we see no reason to impose the URS on preexisting TLDs like .net and .com in
its current form and should be omitted from the .NET Registry Agreement.

UDRP in the past has served well both domain and TM owners but the URS
in its current form could be used to strong arm some legitimate domain
owners with little recourse and could impose a financial burden once
initiated. To try to include URS in any gTLD format is premature in our view,
until it at such time it protects both TM and current domain owners equally.

Castello Cities Internet Network, Inc. is opposed to the .NET Registry
Agreement IF the Uniform Rapid Suspension (URS) is included.

Michael Castello
CEO/President
Castello Cities Internet Network, Inc.
http://www.ccin.com