ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-agreement-renewal]

uniform rapid suspension of .NET domains

  • To: net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: uniform rapid suspension of .NET domains
  • From: Cole Tucker <colebtucker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:59:38 -0400

To whom it may concern,

I would like my opposition to requiring an implementation of URS for
VeriSign to renew it's stewardship of the .NET registry noted. Post-launch
rights protection mechanisms are stifling to freedom of choice and open
several new avenues of abuse, including Denial of Service attacks. Please do
not adopt any measure unless it requires a strong chain of evidence in
suspending a domain, alongside clear, equitable appeal procedures.

Regards,
Cole Tucker