ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-agreement-renewal]

URS process for .net TLD

  • To: "net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx" <net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: URS process for .net TLD
  • From: Joe Gerhardstein <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:24:43 -0400

While I can understand the importance of having a quick dispute resolution
process such as URS, I am opposed to you trying it out on .net.  You would
certainly be better off seeing how it works and if it is abused with a smaller
TLD than .net first.  Please reconsider adding this to the .net Verisign
contract until it has been tested in the real world on another TLD!

Joe Gerhardstein