ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-agreement-renewal]

Comment on the proposed .NET registry renewal & Uniform Rapid Suspension

  • To: net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comment on the proposed .NET registry renewal & Uniform Rapid Suspension
  • From: NameCatch <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 03:44:03 +0100

Dear Icann Team,

I'm shocked at the proposed changes for the .net registry agreement
regarding the Uniform Rapid Suspension idea. We domain owners invest big
amounts of money into domain names. The Uniform Rapid Suspension will be
used by trademark bullies to steal valuable property from domain investors.
Already the UDRP is used this way. There are already far too many unfair
UDRP decisions where domain owners have lost valuable generic domains.

Domain owners are tired of opportunists who want to take away a high
valuable domain for a fraction of its value. On one side there is
opportunist who want to steal valuable property using UDRP and now URS, on
the other side there is UDRP panelists who make over 100K a year and try to
please trademark owners.

I strongly oppose the Uniform Rapid Suspension idea.

Erdy A.
Domain Investor
London, UK
NameCatch.com