ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-rfp-comments]

Text limitations to application submission

  • To: <net-rfp-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Text limitations to application submission
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:54:38 -0500 (EST)

I note on the Final GNSO Report (July 2004-revised), Comment 10
Submitted by Neulevel (page 15): "Development of RFP forms should be
made in a way that avoids content limitations such as elements different
than text only."

As part of a team working through the current sTLD independent evaluation
process, I agree with this recommendation.  It is my belief that it would
be more efficient for both the applicants and the technical evaluators to
permit content of the application to include technical diagrams, charts,
and/or flowcharts in reference to its text responses.  Simply put,
technical ideas are best conveyed with technical documents, which usually
include more than text.

I offer this observation to ICANN for all future TLD rounds in
addition to this upcoming .Net evaluation process.

thanks,

Ray Fassett