ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-rfp-general]

Comments on .net

  • To: <net-rfp-general@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments on .net
  • From: "Mark Tobias" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:45:32 -0500

The day to day operation of .net is what most of us are used to using in
judging how well it is performing.  Whether requests are reconciled quickly
and the support we receive is how we see that .net is doing well.  I hope
ICANN is keeping the following questions in mind?..

*       Does the applicant have adequate diversity in hardware and software?
*       Is the applicant committed to initiatives the assist in the adoption
of GNSO policies?
*       Can the applicant guarantee no disruption in all service elements
upon contract expiry and renewal?
*       Does the applicant have global support for its management of .net?
*       Does the applicant have a smooth, low-cost migration plan to support
EPP?

Please remember how much the average user relies on .net.  We need it to be
with a company we can trust to deliver the necessary service and performance
for running our own operations.

-Mark

Mark Tobias
President