ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-rfp-verisign]

Verisign has attempted to force its will on us, and will again.

  • To: net-rfp-verisign@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Verisign has attempted to force its will on us, and will again.
  • From: Mark Rutherford <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:25:36 -0500

I am just a concerned internet user, and I feel compelled to make a comment.

I am sure that everyone can remember back when Verisign changed the DNS system as
we knew it by redirecting mistyped or invalid domains.

They did this once, and I am certain it was not for the better good of the internet community, but
for the stockholders of Verisign.

If Verisign is allowed control of .net they will surely continue to persue this treasure trove of advertising
revenue, and this time we may all lose.
Giving Verisign more power does not do any of us any good.
Please consider one of the other candidates.

We all know the intentions of Verisign, I beg you all to not make the same mistake again.

Thank you for your attention.
Mark Rutherford.