ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-rfp-verisign]

Verisign comments

  • To: <net-rfp-verisign@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Verisign comments
  • From: "Sam Patterson" <Samp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:56:28 -0500

As a global reseller, I have been working with VeriSign for many years.
Yes, they can be difficult and their customer service leaves something
to be desired, but I'm more concerned about the reliability of my email
and they seem to have a handle on that.  If nothing else, Verisign's
record managing .NET speaks for itself.  The domain has become the
backbone for much of the world's email based on its consistent
reliability.

The only thing ICANN should be considering is competency as they decide
who will manage the .NET domain in the future.  Basing the decision on
some sort of global affirmative action program is a terrible idea that
could threaten the stability of this critical Internet resource.
VeriSign has a strong record of competency managing the .NET domain and
should only be replaced by someone equally or better qualified - not
merely company chosen by virtue that it is NOT American.

Regards,

Sam Patterson, CEO

ComponentSource