ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[nomcom-bylaw-revision]

Re: Proposed Bylaws Revision Open For Comment

  • To: <nomcom-bylaw-revision@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Proposed Bylaws Revision Open For Comment
  • From: Jason Butcher <jasonbutcher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:24:43 -0700

Based in this discussion, I would strong agree that there are benefits of have
well rounded board members representing diverse countries.  Although I would
also suggest that if you take one persons view on multiple areas you may also
maintain that same personal view and opinion without having the difference of
opinion from someone directly involved with the areas.

I for example have had over ten years direct working experience in Canada,
United States, Central America  and the Caribbean.  Although I have diverse
experience within each of these markets, I would suggest that I look at all of
these experiences, markets and opportunities from the same point of view.  Of
course I would as an example be a very solid board members and if the
opportunity where ever available I would jump at being involved with ICANN.  I
still strongly believe that it would still be a strong case to show that having
someone directly in another market would be more beneficial than having only
one person, like myself, representing multiple markets.

There is of course the other side, which if you had multiple people
representing several of the same markets there would present the opportunity to
have multiple few points on those markets. This of course would be of the best
chance to represent those markets.

Jason Butcher

Jason Butcher

Need help with anything? Checkout my new service
http://bitwine.com/advisors/alwaysonline