ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-petition-charter]

NPOC Members in Support

  • To: <npoc-petition-charter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: NPOC Members in Support
  • From: "npoc" <npoc@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 22:39:42 -0500

Dear Mr. Beckstrom, Mr. Dengate-Thrush and the ICANN Board of Directors:

The members of the Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency
(NPOC) greatly appreciates you consideration of its petition to form a
new constituency within the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group (NCSG).
Thank you for the opportunity to provide comments on the petition and
charter of the prospective NPOC.

We believe the petition for recognition of the NPOC as expressed in the
proposed NPOC charter adequately explains how the NPOC will improve the
ability of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) to carry out
its policy-development responsibilities.  We believe the ICANN community
will benefit from a new constituency that will robustly represent the
non-commercial perspective of organizational registrants and
organizational users of domain names.  Also, we believe the NPOC's
outreach activities and outreach plan demonstrate how NPOC will provide
a global voice for not-for-profit/NGOs within ICANN.

Therefore, we urge the ICANN Board to promptly recognize the Not for
Profit Organizations Constituency in accordance with Section 5(4) of
Article X of the current ICANN Bylaws.

Respectfully submitted,

American Red Cross

American Society for Association Executives

Association of American Medical Colleges

Centre for Science, Development and Media Studies

The Church of God in Christ, Inc.

Corporacion Makaia Asesoria Internacional

FOCAL: Canadian Foundation for the Americas

Fundacion Chasquinet

Goodwill

Human Rights Campaign

International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies

National Coalition for the Homeless

National Grange of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry

Pilots N Paws

Tranquil Space Foundation

Water Environment Research Foundation

YMCA of the USA