ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[op-budget-fy2010]

Re: [At-Large] ICANN PREGUNTAS

  • To: Presidencia Internauta <presidencia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, op-budget-fy2010@xxxxxxxxx, Whitehouse <Comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [At-Large] ICANN PREGUNTAS
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:16:26 -0800

Sergio and all,

  ICANN will not change freely, it must be made to change as history
has shown in the past when Karl sued ICANN.  Protagonist dialog can
only help, but cannot solve the grossly over baloated and mis managed
budget ICANN has.  Further as ICANN is supposed to be a non profit
california corporation, income from fees that exceeds donations is
not within the law vis a vi 501 (C3) status, and clearly demonstrates,
however large or small the largess is, that ICANN's management on fiscal
matters is by statute definition, not legal and needs addressing, ergo
either a haircut of nearly draconian type, or be addressed by DOC/NTIA
in such a manner to require same.

  I also agreed with Evan comments and Karl's follow-on remarks,
and in fact the notion of Consensus decision making is further not
viable for stakeholders, when the vast majority of stakeholders, including
users, are not allowed to participate openly and transparently, ergo must
sign or swear a loyalty oath to ICANN as a volunteer, to have their
ideas, voices, and opinions heard, let alone considered, which has
repeatedly and over years now, been demonstrated particularly within
the ALAC and the GNSO.

  I and our members largely disagree with Cheryl's remarks, as they
seem to be in contrast to our new President, Barack Obama's ethics
directive for government agencies, and with Sr. Staff members salary
so high as to exceed the Presidents, demonstrates that such fully violates
the Presidents recent executive order accordingly as ICANN is a contracted
agent to the USG via DOC/NTIA, and their performance has been far
less than exceptable for such salaries.  If they worked for me for instance,
they would be dismissed immediately.

Presidencia Internauta wrote:

> Dear Jeffrey and all:
> It's very interesting what you say and I totally agree. Karl raises :"...
> ICANN on the
> list should be placed on a severe diet. But I do not see any force within
> ICANN that has
> the guts to do it .... " I think we should not wait until someone dares to do
> something,
> we must be the true protagonists of change within ICANN.
> I must also say that I totally agree with Evan, when it says that this
> culture of
> consensus has led to governance simply by "what is offensive to the lower"
> instead of
> asserting his leadership, mission, or even published. All for the sake of
> courtesy. The
> very root concept of "consensus politics" ... as whether to have a different
> status
> compared to the plain old "politics." In fact, I think some parts of ICANN
> are even proud
> of this owest common denominator for leadership. However, in my short time in
> the ICANN
> I've come to see it as a dereliction of duty, and a total lack of willingness
> to defend
> anything of value, except for growth without an end in itself. "I think it's
> good to hear
> ALAC this fellow, and I am not alone in my struggle for an Internet fair,
> free and with
> more possibilities for users.
>
> Sergio

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04