ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

org new agreement comments

  • To: org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: org new agreement comments
  • From: communications <communications@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:55:47 -0700

You should require a 1-level pricing structure for org domains and not
permit the kind of arbitrary pricing already done by the .TV registry, where
they charge based on the perceived value of the domain, i.e. $5,000,000 for
sex.tv and $100 for sexsexsex.tv. That nonsense is a primary reason the
total .TV registrations are not good.

As the owner of almost 1,000 org's I will stop buying new ones and slowly
sell most all of the org's in the future rather than be faced with very high
renewal prices later on, which will be  a given. Since we have so many
renewing them all for 10-yrs is out of the question so we can not get any
price protection for the next 10-years.

Sincerely, Dave