ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

New Price Extorting

  • To: org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: New Price Extorting
  • From: "Robert Vincent" <currency1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:44:04 -0400

I am opposed to the removal of price caps in the proposed .biz, .info and
.org gTLD Registry Agreements. Removal of the price caps will lead to
nothing short of extortion from existing domain owners when they need to
re-register and full blown gouging of new registrants. The pre-registrations
of existing domains upon expiration would give the Registrar leverage with
the current domain holder to demand unfair, unreasonable, unregulated (sky's
the limit!) sums of money from the current owner. This appears to be one
more attack on the "level playing field" we once all believed in.

Robert Vincent