ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

no to variable pricing

  • To: org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: no to variable pricing
  • From: Jason Snell <jsnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:40:07 -0700

To whom it may concern,

As the operator of a web site who has made a 10-year investment in the .org domain name I own, I am absolutely opposed to any variable pricing of domain names by the .org registry. To make such a change will be disastrous to the Internet and to the operators of thousands of web sites. It is an action that is aking to licensed theft of private property, and is utterly unacceptable.

The idea that someone can grow and cultivate a domain, and that any such cultivation could directly lead to their loss of that domain to someone with a bigger pocketbook is completely unacceptable. It is appalling to think that a registrar will be able to blackmail web site operators based on the success of those sites.

Please stop all consideration of variable pricing of domain names.

Jason Snell
Editor/Founder
teevee.org

--