ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

No to variable pricing for domain names!!!

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to variable pricing for domain names!!!
  • From: "Matthew Davidson" <sunyata@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:04:36 -0400

No to variable pricing for domain names!!!

Since no domain name costs inherently more than another to administer,
there is no reason to charge more for a popular domain name, except to
gouge the market with monopoly power. Try it and we WILL shut you
down. You exist at our sufferance alone.

Matthew Davidson