ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Changes are unfair to Small Startup Businesses.

  • To: org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Changes are unfair to Small Startup Businesses.
  • From: "W.L. Newsome" <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:21:56 -0500

Dear ICANN Committee Members,
   I'm writing to urge you to reject changes in prices of domain
registering. As a very small domain & website owner who has made a
considerable work and financial investment in developing the domain names I
own, but I have yet to generate income from that website. Pricing my domains
on popularity or appraised values is wrong. If I put my blood, sweat & tears
into my domain and website without any sponsorship from you, Why then should
you be rewarded of my work? I am firmly opposed to the variable pricing of
domain names by any registry. My dream is to work and build something to
where I can increase value and income by believing in this American dream
called free enterprise. I have Visioned a great website that provides a
service to citizens at no cost to provide valuable resources in a niche that
is not yet filled. But pricing me beyond my means will kill any hope of my
dream. Is this the Internet that ICANN and associated partners want? Lets
hope not for All of our sake.

Sincerely,
Walter Newsome,

INFOBAMA INTERACTIVE CO.