ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Proposed .BIZ, .INFO AND .ORG gTLD Registry Agreements

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Proposed .BIZ, .INFO AND .ORG gTLD Registry Agreements
  • From: Steve Wickham <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:43:55 -0400

I'm writing because I believe the new proposed registry agreement should be voted down because it favors domain name registration by wealthy big companies and individuals. Also, it allows a domain registar to monitor the activity of domain name and then charge more because the business or individual that developed the site for that domain was successful in marketing it. One should not penalized for doing a good job or because you start off with few funds. I worry that the new agreement would allow registrars to "black-mail" successful sites.

Thank,
Steve Wickham
233 Executive Dr
Guilderland, NY 12084