ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Opposed to variable pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to variable pricing
  • From: Mac Sims <macsims@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:43:14 -0600

I am opposed to variable pricing that is base on "Market Value" of an individual domain. That is very arbitrary and subject to abuse and extortion. Who would determine the "Market Value?"

I don't have a problem with registries setting their own prices for a gTLD class and letting their own quality of service and market forces drive prices and their success, but not name by name pricing. The registries provide a name agnostic service and should be priced as such.

Mac Sims
macsims@xxxxxxxxx